Wellness Inventory - The Spa Wellness Solution
The Wellness Inventory is designed to enhance your spa's client engagement and revenue enhancement strategies. The program acts as your "Spa Wellness Solution" by enabling you to create personalized wellness programs for your clients which integrate key services and offerings from your spa.
From the guest engagement perspective, the program acts as the entry point for your guest into their personalized spa wellness program, and continues to guide your guest on their wellness journey after their departure through work with your spa's wellness coach. Your spa becomes the guest's year-round "wellness solution".
The Wellness Inventory is a pioneering "whole person" assessment and life-balance program designed to help your clients to gain personal insight into their state of physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness. The program offers guidance and tools to transform this new awareness into lasting changes in your client's lives, and a renewed sense of health and wellbeing.
Spas and the Global Wellness Market report from the Stanford Research Institute Estimates $1.9 Trillion Global Wellness Market
The "Spas and the Global Wellness Market" does an excellent job of defining wellness as multi-dimensional and holistic, laying out the history of the movement, as well as current wellness market trends, while identifying a "wellness cluster" of nine related industries comprising the wellness market. The Stanford Research Institute estimates this wellness cluster to be a $1.9 trillion global industry.
The findings are very supportive of our wellness philosophy and shows a growing marketplace for our Wellness Inventory program, not only through the cluster of nine industries, but in the global spa industry.
The philosophy of wellness pioneer and Wellness Inventory creator, John W. Travis, MD, MPH, appears to have had a strong influence on the report. The authors dedicate a full page to Dr. Travis concept of wellness and outline his pivotal role in the development of the wellness movement in United States (p.5, 71). Dr. Travis' Wellness Inventory program and Wellness Workbook are described as "foundational tools for wellness development."
The authors encourage the spa industry to embrace Dr. Travis' concept of the Illness-Wellness Continuum and indicate that they used it as a key framing device for the entire report (p. 59). The image of the Illness-Wellness Continuum appears twice in the report, and it was also adapted on p. 7 for the "Wellness Cluster" diagram of the nine industries comprising the wellness market, by changing the two ends of the continuum from "Premature Death" and "High Level Wellness" to "Reactive" and "Proactive".
The report also indirectly refers to one of the Wellness Inventory's strengths in helping spas create customized programs for their guests through the whole person assessment, and the ability to customize the 12 wellness resource centers with a spa's own services, classes, workshops, products and programs when it states, "Help consumers understand and select the spa's wellness offerings by utilizing wellness assessment tools to create individually tailored packages of services/products within the context of the different dimensions of wellness." (p vii)
The spa industry may take a closer look at the Wellness Inventory, a holistic assessment and life-balance program, and how it can effectively within a spa's guest engagement strategy, customizing of spa programs according to the clients needs and motivations as seen through the 12 dimensions of wellness, and providing an ongoing holistic welness program that one can begin at the spa and take home with them to continue the spa wellness experience through ongoing wellness coaching support.
Enhance Your Relationship with Your Spa Clients
The Wellness Inventory may be used to enhance the spa-client relationship by enabling you to customize your client's spa program, facilitate one-on-one work with your clients, and to provide valuable marketing features to promote client continuity. Here are some of the many features and benefits for your spa and spa clients.
- Client assesses their current level of whole person wellness.
- Client gains increased self-awareness and understanding.
- Assessment helps client determine the areas of their life they want to improve.
- Wellness coaches guide clients in creating a personalized Wellness Action Plan.
- Client & spa staff can design their spa visit for maximum benefit based on their specific goals & needs revealed in the assessment.
- Program directs clients to your spa services, products and programs.
- Email reminders motivate clients to follow their wellness plan after their departure.
- Wellness coaching helps clients to continue on their wellness journey after departure, building continuing customer loyalty and goodwill.
Overall Benefits for Your Spa:
- Provides access to detailed data on individual client test results and areas of motivation for change to help design a personalized spa experience for your client.
- Guides your clients to increased utilization of spa products & services via the customized Wellness Resource Centers.
- Customized client demographics and note-taking features help clarify the services preferred by your clients.
- Provides both the framework, feedback and administrative tools to facilitate personalized wellness coaching with clients.
- Creates year-round client exposure to revenue-generating spa products.
- Marketing features to allow you to contact your clients year round with special programs and offerings.
- Can be used as a valuable, ongoing tool in the guest engagement process.
- Provides online client demographic database and communication tools for maintaining ongoing client contact and loyalty.
- Helps your clients improve their health and wellbeing.
- Enhances client committment to your spa.
Marketing Benefits for Your Spa:
- Private Labeling: Private labeling the Wellness Inventory program with your spa's branding provides effective, year-round branding to your immediate target market - your clients and customers who have taken the Wellness Inventory.
- Targeted client email database: You can build an email database of all of your clients and customers who have taken the assessment, maintained within the Wellness Inventory software.
- Automatic Email Reminders: The email reminders sent to your clients and customers to motivate them to stay focused on their Wellness Plans, provide year-round brand awareness for your company and a means to direct them to your products and services in the Wellness Resource Centers.
- Wellness Resource Centers: The 12 Resource Centers are an effective tool for contextual marketing of your products and services to clients and customers as they are utilizing the Wellness Inventory and exploring resources to actualize specific action items in their Wellness Plan. The Resource Centers can become a second online "store" for your products and services, that has its' own built-in marketing.
New Revenue Centers for Your Spa
Whether you use the Wellness Inventory as a key part of your guest engagement strategy or as the centerpiece or organizing principle your spa's wellness program, it can create a range of new revenue centers for your spa.
- Wellness Inventory Fees: You can offer the Wellness Inventory as a fee for service program or offer it as complimentary guest service to enable you to create custom spa programs for clients and drive targeted utilization of spa services and product sales.
- Wellness Coaching Fees: Wellness coaches can be hired to work with your clients at the spa as well as after their departure by telephone coaching.
- Spa Services: Increased client utilization of spa services via the clients' personal Wellness Action Plans and the Wellness Resource Centers. The Resource Centers can be customized with your own spa services, classes, and products.
- Product Sales: Increased Product Sales in the Wellness Resource Centers which act as a second online store for your spa.
- Whole Person Wellness Evaluation: 30-60 minute evaluation of your client's assessment results with the aim of assisting in the development of their Wellness Plan and the most appropriate utilization of spa services, classes and resources to help actualize their goals during and after their visit (optional)
Wellness Program Management Tools
The Wellness Inventory also provides a suite of tools to empower a spa staff member or wellness coach in working with your clients. You will have access to reporting, coaching and marketing tools to facilitate one-on-one coaching, follow up, and to strengthen the spa/client relationship. The suite of tools also has a Help Desk Feature to explain how each tool works.
Individual Client Reports: Your wellness coaches and designated staff will have access to individual client assessment results which greatly facilitate determining the client's specific needs and motivations for creating a customized spa program. A wellness action planner, Test comparison, communication and note-taking features are also included. These tools greatly facilitate 1-on-1 wellness coaching and client profiling.
Group Demographic Reports: You are able to run demographic group reporting on 8 demographic variables for the Wellness Scores and Satisfaction Scores in the 12 sections of the assesment. Reports may be performed on both single demographic variables and multiple demographic variables.
Customized Resource Centers: Full online editing capability to customize the 12 Resource Centers with your spa's services, classes, workshops and products (Optional premium service).
The Wellness Inventory Certification Training is offered in two levels. The first level is a 14 week live phone tele-class, a dynamic, process-oriented course that provides in-depth personal experience and practical knowledge of the Holographic Change Process.
The training provides a unique coaching skill-set to maximize the program's effectiveness in creating change in your clients lives. The goal of the course is to create competence in delivering the program to individual, group, and organizational clients. The cost of the training is $1,395.
We are offering two Certification Trainings Fall 2013. Here are the class times:
Feb. 18 - May 20, 2014 - Tuesdays 7-9 ET
Feb. 19 - May 21, 2014 - Wednesdays 1-3 ET
The 14 week Certification Training is followed by our Level II training, the 7 week Holographic Coaching Practicum. After completing the Practicum you receive the designation of Certified Wellness Inventory Coach. The cost of the Practicum course is $695. The package cost for the two trainings is $ 1,990.
|The two Levels of the Wellness Inventory Coach Certification Training are approved by the International Coach Federation for 42 CCEs as well as for portfolio certification credit. The trainings are also approved for 42 hours towards the Board Certified Coach Credential from the Center for Credentialing and Education.
||"This tool should be part of every coach's tool box."
Patrick Williams, Ph.D.
All classes are recorded for your convenience should you need to miss a class.
More on Certification Training Testimonials from Graduates.
Background of the Program - Teaching People to Be Well
The Wellness Inventory is based on the pioneering work of John W. Travis, MD, MPH, recognized as a founder of the wellness movement. Dr. Travis was a protégé of Dr. Lewis Robbins, creator of the Health Risk Appraisal, while a resident at John's Hopkins and working with the US Public Health Service.
In the early 1970s influenced by the pioneering work of Halbert Dunn, MD, PhD, grandfather of the modern wellness movement and author of High Level Wellness (1961), he decided to dedicate his life to inspiring people to be well rather than treating patients.
He opened the first wellness center in the US in 1975) and created the first wellness assessment (Wellness Inventory) as the intake for the center. The work at his wellness center was based on a forerunner of the coaching model, in which the client was the expert in his/her own life and had a co-creative relationship with
the center's wellness facilitators. Dr. Travis authored the classic Wellness Workbook (Celestial Arts, 1981, 2004, 3rd Ed) which has been used by wellness and health promotion educators in universities for 25 years.
WHAT THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING....
"Clients are proactively looking for life, health and beauty enhancement strategies. Wellness is no longer a spa trend it is a strategic imperative. The Wellness Inventory is a 21st century tool which helps clients transform valuable insight into results oriented action. The Wellness Inventory is a non-negotiable for any spa looking to develop deeper guest engagement and brand loyalty."
Principal, Spa Wellness Solutions
"The Wellness Inventory is a powerful tool for health and wellness coaches and their clients. Coaching is all about motivation, intention and follow through, and the Wellness Inventory provides clients with invaluable feedback and the ability to track progress in any of the 12 areas of life. This tool should be part of every coach's tool box."
Dr. Patrick Williams
Master Certified Coach
CEO, Institute for Life Coach Training
"This pioneering program gives individuals personal insight into 12 dimensions of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness, and provides tools to transform this new awareness into lasting lifestyle change and a heightened sense of health and wellbeing. An invaluable program for health professionals, clinics and hospitals, the Wellness Inventory is a powerful tool for 21st century integrative medicine."
Larry Dossey, MD
Author, Healing Beyond the Body, and Healing Words
Executive Editor, Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing
"The Wellness Inventory is the fundamental component to our hospital's 7-Step Health and Wellness program. Dr. John Travis’ 12 key dimensions of wellness create a holistic foundation from which our clients not only explore the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual issues of life, but more importantly discover ways in which to become responsible for their own health."
Patricia A. Duryea, Ph.D.
"Whether you're working in private practice, a corporate wellness program, a hospital, or a community setting, the Wellness Inventory Certification Training will be an essential tool to help clearly evaluate not only the effectiveness of a wellness program, but the depth of commitment, understanding, and integration of wellness principles that will accompany you for a lifetime."
Meg Jordan, PhD, RN
Dept. Chair, Professor, Integrative Health Studies
California Institute of Integral Studies
Editor in Chief, American Fitness Magazine
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, Board Member
"The Wellness Inventory Certification is valuable tool for both personal and professional development. It is a comprehensive and educational experience that gave me a new insight into my own wellness journey and how I may better serve the needs of my clients. The class structure and supplemental reading are superbly presented."
Philip Bergman ACSM, M.A.
For more information on licensing contact:
HealthWorld Online, Inc.