The Spa Wellness Solution
The Wellness Inventory is designed to enhance your spa's guest engagement and revenue enhancement strategies. The program enables your spa to be your guests' "year-round wellness solution" by enabling you to create personalized wellness programs for your guests which integrate key services and offerings from your spa, and to remain engaged with guests after their departure.
The Wellness Inventory is a whole person wellbeing program which inspires people to continually progress toward optimal personal wellbeing. The program helps individuals in creating and managing individual wellbeing to realize their full potential for optimal living.
"...a foundational tool for wellness development."
Stanford Research Institute
From the guest engagement perspective, the program's whole person wellness assessment acts as the entry point for your guests into their personalized spa wellness program. The program's action plan, progress tracker, and other powerful tools continue to guide your guest on their personal wellness journey after their departure through virtual sessions with your spa's wellness coaches.
Spas and the Global Wellness Market report from the Stanford Research Institute Estimates $1.9 Trillion Global Wellness Market
The "Spas and the Global Wellness Market" does an excellent job of defining wellness as multi-dimensional and holistic, laying out the history of the movement, as well as current wellness market trends, while identifying a "wellness cluster" of nine related industries comprising the wellness market. The Stanford Research Institute estimates this wellness cluster to be a $1.9 trillion global industry.
The findings are very supportive of our wellness philosophy and shows a growing marketplace for our Wellness Inventory program, not only through the cluster of nine industries, but in the global spa industry.
The philosophy of wellness pioneer and Wellness Inventory creator, John W. Travis, MD, MPH, appears to have had a strong influence on the report. The authors dedicate a full page to Dr. Travis concept of wellness and outline his pivotal role in the development of the wellness movement in United States (p.5, 71). Dr. Travis' Wellness Inventory program and Wellness Workbook are described as "foundational tools for wellness development."
The authors encourage the spa industry to embrace Dr. Travis' concept of the Illness-Wellness Continuum and indicate that they used it as a key framing device for the entire report (p. 59). The image of the Illness-Wellness Continuum appears twice in the report, and it was also adapted on p. 7 for the "Wellness Cluster" diagram of the nine industries comprising the wellness market, by changing the two ends of the continuum from "Premature Death" and "High Level Wellness" to "Reactive" and "Proactive".
The report also indirectly refers to one of the Wellness Inventory's strengths in helping spas create customized programs for their guests through the whole person assessment, and the ability to customize the 12 wellness resource centers with a spa's own services, classes, workshops, products and programs when it states,
"Help consumers understand and select the spa's wellness offerings by utilizing wellness assessment tools to create individually tailored packages of services/products within the context of the different dimensions of wellness."
The spa industry may take a closer look at the Wellness Inventory, a holistic assessment and life-balance program, and how it can effectively within a spa's guest engagement strategy, customizing of spa programs according to the clients needs and motivations as seen through the 12 dimensions of wellness, and providing an ongoing holistic welness program that one can begin at the spa and take home with them to continue the spa wellness experience through ongoing wellness coaching support.
Enhance Your Relationship with Your Spa Clients
The Wellness Inventory may be used to enhance the spa-client relationship by enabling you to customize your client's spa program, facilitate one-on-one work with your clients, and to provide valuable marketing features to promote client continuity. Here are some of the many features and benefits for your spa and spa clients.
- Client assesses their current level of whole person wellness.
- Client gains increased self-awareness and understanding.
- Assessment helps client determine the areas of their life they want to improve.
- Wellness coaches guide clients in creating a personalized Wellness Action Plan.
- Client & spa staff can design their spa visit for maximum benefit based on their specific goals & needs revealed in the assessment.
- Program directs clients to your spa services, products and programs.
- Email reminders motivate clients to follow their wellness plan after their departure.
- Wellness coaching helps clients to continue on their wellness journey after departure, building continuing customer loyalty and goodwill.
Overall Benefits for Your Spa:
- Provides access to detailed data on individual client test results and areas of motivation for change to help design a personalized spa experience for your client.
- Guides your clients to increased utilization of spa products & services via the customized Wellness Resource Centers.
- Customized client demographics and note-taking features help clarify the services preferred by your clients.
- Provides both the framework, feedback and administrative tools to facilitate personalized wellness coaching with clients.
- Creates year-round client exposure to revenue-generating spa products.
- Marketing features to allow you to contact your clients year round with special programs and offerings.
- Can be used as a valuable, ongoing tool in the guest engagement process.
- Provides online client demographic database and communication tools for maintaining ongoing client contact and loyalty.
- Helps your clients improve their health and wellbeing.
- Enhances client committment to your spa.
Marketing Benefits for Your Spa:
- Private Labeling: Private labeling the Wellness Inventory program with your spa's branding provides effective, year-round branding to your immediate target market - your clients and customers who have taken the Wellness Inventory.
- Targeted client email database: You can build an email database of all of your clients and customers who have taken the assessment, maintained within the Wellness Inventory software.
- Automatic Email Reminders: The email reminders sent to your clients and customers to motivate them to stay focused on their Wellness Plans, provide year-round brand awareness for your company and a means to direct them to your products and services in the Wellness Resource Centers.
- Wellness Resource Centers: The 12 Resource Centers are an effective tool for contextual marketing of your products and services to clients and customers as they are utilizing the Wellness Inventory and exploring resources to actualize specific action items in their Wellness Plan. The Resource Centers can become a second online "store" for your products and services, that has its' own built-in marketing.
New Revenue Centers for Your Spa
Whether you use the Wellness Inventory as a key part of your guest engagement strategy or as the centerpiece or organizing principle your spa's wellness program, it can create a range of new revenue centers for your spa.
- Wellness Inventory Fees: You can offer the Wellness Inventory as a fee for service program or offer it as complimentary guest service to enable you to create custom spa programs for clients and drive targeted utilization of spa services and product sales.
- Wellness Coaching Fees: Wellness coaches can be hired to work with your clients at the spa as well as after their departure by telephone coaching.
- Spa Services: Increased client utilization of spa services via the clients' personal Wellness Action Plans and the Wellness Resource Centers. The Resource Centers can be customized with your own spa services, classes, and products.
- Product Sales: Increased Product Sales in the Wellness Resource Centers which act as a second online store for your spa.
- Whole Person Wellness Evaluation: 30-60 minute evaluation of your client's assessment results with the aim of assisting in the development of their Wellness Plan and the most appropriate utilization of spa services, classes and resources to help actualize their goals during and after their visit (optional)
Wellness Program Management Tools
The Wellness Inventory also provides a suite of tools to empower a spa staff member or wellness coach in working with your clients. You will have access to reporting, coaching and marketing tools to facilitate one-on-one coaching, follow up, and to strengthen the spa/client relationship. The suite of tools also has a Help Desk Feature to explain how each tool works.
Individual Client Reports: Your wellness coaches and designated staff will have access to individual client assessment results which greatly facilitate determining the client's specific needs and motivations for creating a customized spa program. A wellness action planner, Test comparison, communication and note-taking features are also included. These tools greatly facilitate 1-on-1 wellness coaching and client profiling.
Group Demographic Reports: You are able to run demographic group reporting on 8 demographic variables for the Wellness Scores and Satisfaction Scores in the 12 sections of the assesment. Reports may be performed on both single demographic variables and multiple demographic variables.
Customized Resource Centers: Full online editing capability to customize the 12 Resource Centers with your spa's services, classes, workshops and products (Optional premium service).
WHAT THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING....
"A foundational tool for wellness development."
Stanford Research Institute
Author of Spas and the Global Wellness Market
"An invaluable program for health professionals, clinics and hospitals, the Wellness Inventory is a powerful tool for 21st century integrative medicine."
Larry Dossey, MD
Author, Healing Beyond the Body, and Healing Words
Executive Editor, Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing
"This tool should be part of every coach's tool box."
Patrick Williams, PhD, MCC
Master Certified Coach
Founder, Institute for Life Coach Training
"I highly recommend this program."
James S. Gordon, MD
Founder and Director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine
Author of Manifesto for a New Medicine
"A great time-tested tool to help people see where they are in life and where they want to go.”
Martin Rossman, MD
Author, The Worry Solution
Director, Collaborative Medicine Center
Co-founder, The Academy for Guided Imagery
"The Wellness Inventory pushes beyond health risk appraisals to the wellness dimension of the illness-wellness continuum. This self-assessment tool offers new insights into what makes life worth living.....The Wellness Inventory puts the health back into health care."
Kent W. Peterson, MD, FACPM
CEO, Occupational Health Strategies
Former director, American College of Preventive Medicine
Former Corporate manager, preventive & environmental medicine, IBM worldwide
"The Wellness Inventory is a refreshing approach after years of "strictly by the numbers" HRAs that tell you how old you ought to be or why you are not already dead. Intuitive in its approach, the Wellness Inventory results seem to have a knack for describing the strengths and weaknesses of the participant in a way that is both informative and educational. The Wellness Inventory provides a valuable tool for better living."
William Thar, MD, MPH
VP of Research and Analysis
Franklin Health, Inc.
"The Wellness Inventory is the fundamental component to our hospital's 7-Step Health and Wellness program. Dr. John Travis’ 12 key dimensions of wellness create a holistic foundation from which our clients not only explore the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual issues of life, but more importantly discover ways in which to become responsible for their own health."
Patricia A. Duryea, Ph.D.
"As one of the first people to computerize the Health Risk Appraisal, Dr. Travis saw its limitations early on and developed the Wellness Inventory to extend into the all important quality of life issues. For over 40 years, he has continued to keep it at the forefront of wellness."
Kenneth R. Pelletier, PhD, MD(hc)
President, American Health Association
Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of Maryland School of Medicine
and University of Arizona School of Medicine
For more information on licensing contact:
HealthWorld Online, Inc.
CREATING WELLNESS WEBINAR
Join us for a FREE webinar about the Wellness
Inventory experience! For employers and
wellness professionals. We also cover our
acclaimed Certification Training.
University program based on the Wellness Inventory receives American College Health Association award for innovation in student Wellness.
"a foundational wellness tool"
Stanford Research Institute
What is the new vision?
Iceberg Model of Health
Wellness Energy System
April 6 – July 6, 2016 – Wed (7-9 ET)
Sept. 13 – Dec. 13, 2016 - Tue (7-9 ET)
Sept. 14 – Dec. 14, 2016 - Wed (1-3 ET)
Become a Certified Wellness Inventory Coach or Facilitator.
Learn to effectively use the Wellness Inventory whole person assessment
and life balance program with clients, patients, employees, and students.
Learn our unique wellness coaching skill-set for supporting continual improvement.
Approved transition program for national certification of health and wellness coaches.